Fellow, America Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
State Bar Certified Specialist in Family Law
Lisa McNorton has been practicing in Family Law in Tucson, AZ since 2000. In 2016, she joined Erin Fox to become McNorton Fox PLLC. Lisa dedicates her practice with an ongoing commitment to the families she works with.
Lisa focuses on her clients with prompt communication and follow-through. She keeps her client base manageable to allow for personal attention. Lisa offers unique problem-solving, recognizing that this is a family and “one size” does not fit all. She tailors each case to her client’s unique goals and needs – listening to her client and involving her client each step of the way. She is prepared and thorough – taking the time to do the research and prepare beneficial pleadings to educate the court about the case.
Lisa loves to work on complex legal issues and has developed a niche working on jurisdictional issues, both internationally and within the US.
Lisa is experienced in all aspects of family law, including preparation of prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements, paternity and legal decision-making/parenting time matters, dissolution of marriage, child support, and post-decree matters.
Qualified by Pima County Superior Court, she is appointed as a child’s attorney, Court Appointment Advocate, or Parenting Coordinator. Creative problem-solving through private mediation is also available for those families wishing to work in an alternative dispute resolution process.
When not advocating for her clients, Lisa enjoys spending her time with her husband and children and relaxing with her horses.
Community Involvement & Commitment to Family Law
- Tucson’s annual Advanced Family Law Seminar, Co-Chair
- Continuing legal education seminars, Presenter
- State Bar Family Law Executive Counsel, Member
- Pima County Superior Court “Court Night”, Presenter
- Pima County Bar Association Qualified Income Legal Team (QUILT) Program, Participant
- Pima County Bar Association Family Law Section, Former Chair
- Therapeutic Riding of Tucson (TROT), Former Board Member
- University of Texas at Austin, 1996 (B.A. with Special Honors in Philosophy)
- James E. Rogers College of Law, University of Arizona, J.D. 1999
- Pima County Bar Association
- Arizona Women’s Lawyer Association
- Association of Family Conciliation Courts
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Arizona, 1999
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1999